Tuesday, May 17, 2011

China Glaze Island Escape

And......I still say Escape like Dory from Finding Nemo. Ya.. I'm cool lol. Anyway. I picked up five of the six colors in China Glaze's new Island Escape collection. The one I passed on is 'Cha Cha Cha'. I just.. light greens wash me out and look so bad on me. But all the rest are AWESOME!!
I did not use a top coat and I used Nail Life Gripper as my base in all of these swatches, except 'Blue Iguana'. And yes I did learn my lesson and had to whiten my nails and skin because I didn't want to look like I had my fingers in blue icing all night.

I'm going to start with 'Papaya Punch'. This is sort of what I wanted 'Sunnyside Up' from Wet N Wild Wild Shine to be. This looks like pulped orange juice.. or idk really lol. I'll let the pics do the talking :D





'Papaya Punch' is pretty thick and goopy. But it has a wonderful dry time, and is opaque in one coat. I used two coats here, because, well frankly dog hair got in the first coat :D




Next up we have '108 Degrees' This is a beautiful berry color chock full with pink glass flecks. This color is absolutely gorgeous! I used four coats here. It's not too bad as far as sheerness, but it does take a few coats to cover your tips.




Like that dog hair on my index finger? Babygirl knew you had wanted one so she shed it just for you :D
'108 Degrees' has coverage, but you do have to build it. The formula is great and I love this color! Oh! and can you see my cuticles where 'Blue Iguana' had dyed them? :D


'Electric Pineapple' reminds me of a lemon lime snow cone during the summer time. It is a yellow/green creme. Unlike 'Papaya Punch', it's consistency was wonderful, and not thick at all. It was not opaque in one coat, like 'PP'. I used two coats here.




Next up is 'Blue Iguana'. This is a bright blue with blue glass flecks. I didn't think I would like it at first, but I fell in love with it on my nails. It's the perfect summer blue. It almost reminds me of Revlon's 'Ocean Breeze' from the newest scent collection. This was three coats.





Lastly I have for you, 'Senorita Bonita'. I am so in love with this color! I don't usually go for purples but when I saw Scrangie's swatches, I knew I had to have it! This is four coats. It's formula was night, and had even coverage. 'Senorita Bonita' reminds me of a big juicy, glass flecky grape! I love it and it looks wonderful on!

mwaahaha!! blue cuticle!!!



Anyway, thanks for reading!! I hope you have a wonderful night!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please be respectful, and if you'd like me to look at your blog, or have any questions, feel free to email me. ♥ Codyngoodrich (at) gmail (dot) com ♥